Start a Chapter
Having started in Southern California in 1989, HomeAid began expanding nationally in the mid 1990's/ There are currently 17 chapters in 12 states and we continue to seek expansion opportunities.
HomeAid employs the following criteria to designate areas of potential chapter growth for the organization:
- The presence of a strong building industry or homebuilding association with a charitable history in its local community
- A population area of 350,000 or more
- A pool of builders willing to be builder captains for HomeAid projects, and whose trade partners will participate with labor, materials and services
- Sources of funding to support the on-going operation of a HomeAid chapter
- For more information about the chapter-expansion process, see the frequently asked questions section or contact the Chapter Expansion department.
Chapter Development Process
HomeAid has a proven methodology for engaging building industry or homebuilding associations to start a HomeAid chapter:
Timing: If the chapter requirements are satisfied, then the process becomes a matter of timing. Once a building industry or homebuilding association decides to move forward, the HomeAid Chapter Development team provides a comprehensive training program.
Cultivation: Building relationships in prospective chapter areas is the key.
In each case, the Chapter Expansion team meets with Association Executive Officers and other Association representatives over a one- to three-month period to assess whether the Association and HomeAid are a match.
Adoption: If the relationship moves ahead, HomeAid’s Chapter Development team implements a training program to 1) build a strong chapter leadership team to implement the program, 2) cover roles and responsibilities of Executive Directors, 3) help the new chapter to identify and build its first project, and 4) assist the chapter in identifying on-going sources of financial support.
Expansion is a natural outgrowth of a successful program, and the establishment of new chapters helps to serve those in need while working to create a significant building industry philanthropic legacy.
If you are interested in starting a HomeAid chapter in your community, contact Chapter Development Director Robin Arnett via email at email@example.com or by phone at 757-227-3403.